The Alliance of British Columbia students is a membership-driven organization. Each year, member student societies gather to set the broad direction of the Alliance’s provincial student organizing for the next year. At general meetings, member student societies consider and approve:
- the Alliance’s financial statements for the preceding fiscal year;
- the report of the board of directors to the members;
- any amendments proposed to the constitution or bylaws;
- the approval of the Alliance’s budget for the new fiscal year; and
- the election of the officers; and
- any other resolutions served with notice for consideration.
Occasionally, at the request of the board or at least ten percent of member student societies, a special general meeting may be held to deal with urgent items of business that cannot wait until the next annual general meeting.