Notice of annual general meeting
The chairperson of the Alliance has given notice that this year’s annual general meeting shall be taking place on Sunday, May 15, 2016 at the UBC Students’ Union – Okanagan in Kelowna, British Columbia. If you are interested in receiving a copy of the agenda, and the notice of special resolutions to be considered, please contact our chairperson.
The Alliance of British Columbia students is a membership-driven organization. Each year, member student societies gather to set the broad direction of the Alliance’s provincial student organizing for the next year. At general meetings, member student societies consider and approve:
- the Alliance’s financial statements for the preceding fiscal year;
- the report of the board of directors to the members;
- any amendments proposed to the constitution or bylaws;
- the approval of the Alliance’s budget for the new fiscal year; and
- the election of the officers; and
- any other resolutions served with notice for consideration.
Occasionally, at the request of the board or at least ten percent of member student societies, a special general meeting may be held to deal with urgent items of business that cannot wait until the next annual general meeting.
Previous general meetings
Here are the minutes for previous general meetings of the Alliance: